I’m going through one of those phases where I can’t seem to get full. Today, I snacked all day long, or so it seemed. I did the same thing yesterday. It doesn’t worry me too much, because my calorie counts are okay, but it just bugs me that I feel like I’m eating all the time. I don’t want to overreact, so I think I’ll start to address the “problem” by making sure I have a higher protein, higher fiber breakfast for the next few days. We’ll see if that helps.
On the subject of snacking, here are a few of my favorites:
- Dannon Light n’ Fit Yogurt – I like the vanilla and the lemon meringue best. At 60 calories, it’s a low-end but yummy treat for those days when the calorie count is climbing.
- Fruit- Almost any kind will do: bananas, apples, watermelon, cantaloupe, fresh pineapple, strawberries, or my new favorite–raisins! The mini-box of raisins has less than 50 calories!
- Carrots – I buy the baby carrots. They’re good for those days when a girl just needs to crunch!
- Dill Pickles – A little salty, so I can’t have them often, but sometimes it’s the only thing that will do.
- Hershey’s 100 calorie dark chocolate bars – I’m trying to limit these 100-calorie snacks, but the Hershey’s are great to keep around for those times when I Must.Have.Real.Chocolate.
- Fat free Fudgesicles – I made it through the summer and fall without missing a single dietary beat, and I give Fudgesicles a good bit of the credit. They take a while to eat, and they do satisfy that sweet tooth.
- Jello Sugar-Free Strawberry cups – Desperate times call for desperate measures, and these 10-calorie treats saved me from certain ruin on more than one occasion. I keep them on hand for emergencies.
- Kraft 2% American Cheese – Gourmet cheese, they’re not, but when I’m in a hurry, it’s nice to grab a slice and go.
Here are a couple of snacks I’m adding to my repertoire: Quaker Instant Oats (120 calories per packet) and peanuts. I have peanuts every now and then, but not nearly enough. Good source of fiber, good fat, and protein, or so I hear.
All this talk of snacking has had a positive result: I don’t feel like snacking at all right now! Hmm, maybe tomorrow I’ll write about pizza. LOL
Personal note: Today was weigh day. My net for the post-surgical/holiday period (Nov 15-Jan 1) was plus 0.5 pounds. Considering the reduced exercise in late November and early December, and the number of splurges I indulged in over the holidays, I will take this tiny lump and deal with it. In fact, I hope to smash it to smithereens over the next week or so.