Stressy weekend coming up as I debate some career decisions. I know now that I seek food therapy for stress, thus I’ve replenished my fruit bowl in anticipation. Bring it on, I say. (Meet tough, resolute Cammy.)
I also know (and always knew in the past but chose to ignore because chips and dip tastes so much better) that laughter is an AWESOME remedy for stress. Laughter is a great remedy for almost anything.
Just in case you’re in need of a little laughter-as-therapy, I’m passing along these handy “therapeutic” tips which were sent to me from a friend yesterday. Unfortunately, there’s no note of the origin so I can’t give credit. Just know that I didn’t come up with these myself. I am, however, possibly going to try a few.
To Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity
1. At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
2. Page yourself over the intercom. don’t disguise your voice!
3. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that. (cammy note: I do this one already. What does that say about me?)
4. Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks .. once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to es presso.
5. In the memo field of all your checks, write ‘ for marijuana.
6. Skip down the hall rather than walk and see how many looks you get.
7. Order a diet water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.
8. Specify that your drive-through order is ‘to go’. (cammy blushing note: i have actually done this one, too. talk about mindlessness…)
9. Sing along at the opera.
10. Five days in advance, tell your friends you can’t attend their party because you have a headache.
11. When the money comes out the ATM, scream ‘I won! I won!’
12. When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling ‘Run for your lives! They’re loose!’
13. Tell your children over dinner, ‘due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go.’
Hope you got a giggle or three. Even more, I hope you have a STUPENDOUS weekend!!
Meanwhile, share a funny with someone today, just in case they didn’t make it to the fruit market to stock up.