My friend Lisa sent me a fun Christmas meme over the weekend. She, as it turns out, is my psychic twin.
Anyway, you know how these things work. I’ll share my answers, in hopes that you’ll also share yours. It’s fine if you want to post here, or you can pack up the questions and take them over to your blog. Just be sure to give us a link so we’ll know where to find them! I truly enjoy these glimpses into other people’s worlds.
Oh, and this is geared toward Christmas, but feel free to convert it to anything you’d like it to be.
And you don’t have to answer all the questions, if you’d rather not. Far be it from me to instigate any stresses. Not on purpose, anyway.
On to the Christmas (or other holiday or anytime of year) Meme:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I use a combination of both.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Macrame, which I guess makes it artificial. It’s hanging on my bulletin board. I got it at a yard sale for $1.00 last fall. I do have a tabletop tree–two of them, in fact–and decorations, but I usually don’t bother putting them up.
3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime in early December, I think. When it involves a thumbtack and a macrame tree, it doesn’t really register as an “event.”
4. When do you take the tree down? We’re supposed to take them down?
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope, it’s Memaw’s Boiled Custard for me, which is eggnog without nutmeg and cinnamon, but with the addition of vanilla. My grandmother serves hers with floating orange slices and has been known to lace her glass with “something stronger.”
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My first 10-speed bicycle. My friend Alan got one too, and we spent most of a warm-ish Christmas Day out riding. I think I was 14 at the time.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad- has everything, wants nothing
8. Easiest person to buy for? My Mom- never met a gift she didn’t love
9. How do you decorate your tree–matchy-matchy or hodgepodge? When I do put up an official tree, it’s hodgepodge all the way, mostly ornaments friends have made for me
10. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve
11. Favorite Christmas song? Oh, Holy Night
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It’s a Wonderful Life
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? September-ish
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, I’m pretty sure I have.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies! Fudge! Big ol’ southern style Christmas morning breakfast! I like those bbq smokies, too!
16. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home, well seven miles south of home, which doesn’t quite count as travel even though it’s in another state.
17. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph. (I could also probably name the seven dwarfs, if pressed, but I’m embarrassed to admit I probably couldn’t name all 12 Apostles. I suppose that says something about me. Something possibly not nice. Does it count that I could probably name at least half of them? Well, there’s time to work on it before Easter, which is pretty much the only time some of them get any attention. But I digress. :))
18. What do you want to do for Christmas this year? Peace of mind. I’ll work on the rest of the world next year.
And that’s it for me! I’m dashing out and about, but this time I’m remembering to take my iphone with me. Your responses could save my line-standing sanity!