Disclosure stuff at the bottom of the post
I’m not much on competition. Against other people, that is. I compete against myself all the time. (That way, I always win! :)) But I’m fortunate enough to have been asked by Dick’s Sporting Goods to participate in a little online competition to be part of their Starting Line-up. As part of the Starting Line-up, I would have:
• A chance to try out and preview new products
• A spot on an online panel of experts for one season (for approximately 3 months)
• Access to exclusive online surveys
• A chance to sound off on all things sports
Wouldn’t that be cool?
Yes, you say, But what’s in it for me?
Well, besides knowing someone newly famous for her inclusion in the Starting Line-up, you have the opportunity to win a $50 Dick’s Sporting Goods gift card! (And you don’t have to be on Twitter to enter!)
Oh, I have your attention now, do I? Good! That was my intention. I’ll get to the contest details in a second, but first…
IF you’d like to support me in my bid to win a spot on Dick’s Sporting Goods Starting Line-up, here’s what you can do:
• Follow http://twitter.com/dickssportcmo.
• Vote for yourself (or someone else, like @tippytoediet) by telling @dickssportcmo who should be on the “Starting Lineup” and why. Sample Tweet: “@dickssportcmo my vote is for @TwitterID because…” Again not to belabor the point, but I’m @tippytoediet on Twitter.
• Recruit others to do the same.
• You can only vote for the same person once per day, but you can vote for multiple people in the same day.
*Make sure you’re following @dickssportcmo or your vote won’t count!
And that’s that! I appreciate your consideration, but please know that you do NOT have to vote for me to enter the contest. This is all in fun.
To enter the contest and possibly win a $50 gift card (good in stores OR ONLINE), all you have to do is hop over to Dick’s Sporting Goods and do some Windows-shopping (unless you’re Linux or Mac, of course). Then come back and leave a comment sharing what YOU would buy from them with your gift card! (I’d buy this: The Wave by The Firm.)
I’ll leave the contest open until Sunday night (03/14/10) at 9:00 p.m. Central Time. Contest is open to US residents only. (Sorry, int’l peeps!)
I hope you’ll enter the contest, and if you’re on twitter, I hope you’ll follow @dickssportcmo and let them know how badly they NEED @tippytoediet in their Starting Line-up! Oh, and feel free to share with your friends! Thanks and Good luck!
Disclosure: The only compensation for this post is the $50 gift card, which I have opted to use as a giveaway opportunity, despite the fact that it breaks my widdle heart to do so since I shop at DSG fairly regularly (Yaay! Asics socks and Life is Good t-shirts!) I am receiving no other compensation, except perhaps some good Karma points.