Earlier this year, The Learning Channel premiered the show One Big Happy Family. It’s about a family of four (mother, father, daughter, son) who are all morbidly obese but determined to change that. I reviewed the show in January (Digest: I liked it) and was all set to cheer the Coles family on! And then then 6-episode series ended for the season.
Well, the Coles are back! The first two episodes of the new season aired last night on TLC and not to give anything away, but they’re looking pretty darned good! Also, they are as warm and funny and endearing as ever. It truly is a joy to watch them try new things, overcome old patterns, and hold together as a strong family throughout. In these first two episodes, we find them:
- trying to cook healthy for extended family members who are accustomed to a carb & fat festival
- going through their six-month weigh-ins
- handling daughter Amber’s first boyfriend, who she has only met over the internet
- struggling to get son Shayne re-motivated
- following newly-confident Mom’s consideration of a new career (or three)
- shopping for new underwear, which leaves Dad a tad uncomfortable
- dealing with financial stresses many of us can relate to
I can’t wait to see what more the new season brings!
The new episodes will be repeated several times over the next few weeks. Check the schedule for repeat times and for air dates of new episodes. I highly recommend it!
Anyone else see the show and care to comment?