Last year I asked you to take a minute to silently honor the influential women in your lives. This year’s campaign requires action, but only a minute or so. YOU can spread the importance of heart health by encouraging at least five women you know to Go Red!. What better way to honor them!
In case you’re doubful, take a look at this information from the Go Red 2011 Fact Sheet:
WHY TAKE ACTION?
· Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women age 20 and over, killing approximately one woman every minute.
· More women die of heart disease than the next four causes of death combined, including all forms of cancer.
· 1 in 3 American women die of heart disease, compared to 1 in 30 women that die of breast cancer.
· Ninety percent of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
· Eighty percent of cardiac events in women may be prevented if they make the right choices for their hearts, involving diet, exercise and abstinence from smoking.
WHY GO RED?
Research shows that women who Go Red are more likely to make healthy choices.
· More than one-third have lost weight.
· Nearly fifty percent have increased their exercise.
· Six out of ten have changed their diets.
· More than forty percent have checked their cholesterol levels.
· One-third have talked with their doctors about developing heart health plans.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t need any more convincing!
Please join me in checking out the Go Red for Women programs and then sharing them with the people you care about!
Like I just did.
And now, I’m off for a hearty breakfast so that I can complete my leg of the Heart Healthy Weekend Lori
conned us into invited us to join! Have a great weekend, everyone!