Wow. I didn’t intend for this to be a two-post week, but here we are brushing up against the weekend already. That’s what happens when life gets busy, I suppose.
Fulfilling my newshound role, I’ve got a couple of links to share:
Are Your Spices Fake? [WiseBread] was an eye opener for me! It seem some spices might be made up of ingredients we’d rather not eat. A couple of those listed–chili powder and parika, to be specific–are ones I use frequently and now I find out they mightcouldpossibly be contaminated with Sudan dyes (carcinogen) and other icky things.
Could your pet stand to lose a few pounds? Overcoming Canine Obesity is a good, common-sense checklist for ensuring your dog is managing his/her weight well. Not surprisingly, it contains many of the same tips humans use (proper portions, exercise, etc.) and a few others as well. I’m having a girls’ weekend with Sally Doodle this weekend, and she’s not impressed with the article at all.
-When trick-or-treating as a kid, was there any kind of candy that you didn’t like to get?
-When you were in grade school, what did you want to be when you grew up? Why?
-Name the most famous person you’ve had a face to face encounter with
-What is your favorite weird food combination?
-What’s your middle name? Significance?
Answer as many or as few as you like!
– Disappointing Candy: Believe it or not, there are candies I don’t like: Necco wafers, Bit o’ Honey, and those peanut butter taffy things wrapped in black or orange paper. Ick!
– Grade school goal: I’m not sure why, but I wanted to be a pathologist. Once I learned what that was, I changed to teaching as a goal. Didn’t meet either one, unless you count corporate training classes.
– Brush with Fame: Who’s more famous, Danny Glover or John Grisham? I’ve met both of them briefly (corporate spelling bee and book signing, respectively.)
– Weird food combo: I don’t think it’s weird, but a friend tells me that my current favorite salad with pineapple and olives in it is weird.
– Middle name: Camille, and it has no significance other than my mother liked it.
That’s it for me for the week! I’ll be chilling with Sally and generally trying to catch up this weekend. What are you up to?