I’m normally a non-violent person, but this frigid winter is wearing me down. I’m really having to work at focusing on the bright spots, of which there are many, of course. In no particular order:
- The sun is shining.
- Temps are in the double digits today!
- I’m in a warm house.
- I have a fresh batch of red lentil chili slow cooking.
- No snow or ice to deal with.
- All this shivering is boosting my metabolism. (Seriously, there was a study!)(I wonder: if I sat outside, would I drop below my goal weight before noon?)
- A desire to avoid going outside on the frigid days, coupled with an ailing computer, has me accomplishing old tasks on my to-do list. (Note: If I ever learn that you painted over wallpaper backing/paste so that some poor shivering woman had to deal with it, I will hunt you down and bop you on the head! But on the bright side, my arms and lats are getting an awesome workout!)
- The weather forecast for this weekend is splendid–50+ degrees! (Hello, leaf pile!)
- I get to announce the winners of the Oloves variety pack!
I’ll contact both of you today with further information.
I know there are many other bright spots, but those are the ones that come to mind this morning. They should be enough to get me through the day.
What are your bright spots today?